The Cisco GLC-2BX-D is an optical transceiver module used for bidirectional communication over a single strand of single-mode fiber. It is designed to provide reliable and high-performance connectivity in networking environments, particularly in scenarios where bidirectional data transmission is required. For precise specifications and compatibility details, it is recommended to refer to the official Cisco documentation or contact Cisco’s customer support. The GLC-2BX-D is commonly used in scenarios where bidirectional communication and single-mode fiber optics are required, such as in long-distance connections between networking devices.
- Form Factor: The GLC-2BX-D typically follows the Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) form factor, ensuring compatibility with devices that support this standard.
- Data Rate: Supports Gigabit Ethernet data rates, offering high-speed connectivity for efficient data transmission within the network.
- Bidirectional Design: The “BX” designation indicates bidirectional communication, where “D” represents the module for connections going in the downstream direction.
- Single-Mode Fiber: Designed to work with single-mode fiber optics, which is suitable for longer-distance transmissions typically found in enterprise networks.
- Connector Type: Equipped with a standard LC duplex connector for easy and secure attachment to fiber optic cables.
- Wavelengths: Operates on specific wavelengths for downstream communication over the single fiber strand.